General Admission Requirements for Morning Studies:
- The applicant must hold an Iraqi preparatory certificate or its equivalent, with authentication from the Directorate of Education in the province, following the admission criteria specific to each specialization.
- The applicant must be born in or after the year 1991.
- Graduates of vocational centers with a minimum study duration of three years who have passed the Ministry's exam are eligible to apply to private universities and colleges based on the admission criteria for each specialization.
- Students must be committed to full-time study. Combining work and study in morning universities and colleges is not allowed, including government employees. They must obtain a study leave from their respective departments, and failure to do so will result in the student's admission being revoked.
- Passing a medical examination is required.
- Students accepted into one of the private universities or colleges from previous years have the right to apply to a different department within the same college. If accepted, an administrative order will be issued to change the department, and they will begin in the first stage.
- Students who have been enrolled in another university, college, or are studying abroad or have received an appointment after submitting a release request within one week of application have the right to reapply.
- Students accepted in government universities, colleges, and institutes can apply to private universities and colleges according to the electronic form, the principle of differentiation, and based on the admission criteria.
- Students who have transferred their enrollment to another university or college or are studying abroad or have been appointed after submitting a release request by the student within one week from the application date have the right to reapply according to the electronic form and the principle of differentiation. However, they must not apply to the same department they have previously been transferred to.
- Private universities and colleges are not allowed to collect any tuition fees or insurance payments from the student before their admission is confirmed at the university or college. No other fees can be collected during the student's admission and registration on the electronic system.
- Ministers, those of their rank, members of the House of Representatives, those with special degrees, and members of provincial councils are not allowed to apply for morning studies.
- Graduates of the preparatory study recognized by the Ministry of Education in the Kurdistan Region can apply to private universities and colleges.
- After students are accepted, a university order is issued to the universities, and administrative orders are issued to the colleges, listing the names of accepted students for admission to private universities and colleges.
- Verification of the data of students accepted at private universities and colleges for the academic year is conducted in coordination with the Private Higher Education Directorate and according to the contexts determined by the Directorate later.
General Admission Requirements for Evening Studies:
- The applicant must hold an Iraqi preparatory certificate or its equivalent, with authentication from the Directorate of Education in the province.
- The applicant cannot be accepted for another study; combining two studies is not allowed. If this is proven, the student will bear legal consequences, including admission cancellation.
- Passing a medical examination is required.
- University and college councils are authorized to transfer students from morning to evening studies for all academic stages, with the removal of the employment condition. It is necessary to comply with the capacity when transferring students. The student should not be a graduate from previous years. Universities and private colleges are responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by the student for the purpose of transfer, with notification to the Private Higher Education Directorate for endorsement in the student database.
- An official transcript addressed to the university.
- Student, parent, and guardian identification documents.
- Six passport-size white background photos.
- First installment of the tuition fee.
- A financial guarantee.
Scholarships and Aid:
- Orphans with no parents.
- Children and fathers.
- Employees of the holy shrines.
- Families of martyrs.